Methylene Blue is a very versatile dye with multiple uses.
This is the USP grade purity methylene blue powder and can be used for all the below functions (and others) given its high purity:
- For staining in microscopy
- For scientific research
- As a dye for colouring
- For coloring clothes
- For testing purity of milk, etc
This product is shipped in powder form (easy to use 1 gm bottles) and you can mix it with water to prepare any concentration you wish. Some commonly requested concentrations are:
|Concentration Required (w/v)||Water to add (per gram of MB)|
So, to clarify, since this is 5 grams of Methylene Blue, you can prepare :
- 5000 mL of 0.1% MB Solution OR
- 500 mL of 1% MB Solution OR
- 250 mL of 2% MB Solution OR
- Any concentration and combination you wish
Each parcel is shipped with a batch heavy metal analysis that confirms its purity.
The 1% concentration is the most widely used.